August 9, 2018
We love to see all of the different channels that our clients can use to highlight research findings! Yesterday, Vice President and Principal, Chris Reimann, presented at a LexisNexis® Risk Solutions webinar! The webinar explored insights learned from the annual LexisNexis® Risk Solutions True Cost of Fraud℠ study that Mr. Reimann leads, which focuses on fraud trends, costs and pain points that retailers face – particularly when doing business through the online and mobile transaction channels.
The 2018 study1
revealed that retail fraud has risen sharply, hitting those merchants which sell digital goods and services through mobile transactions the hardest. This has been driven by increased botnet activity and use of synthetic identities which are very challenging for merchants to detect when such transactions are completed very quickly in this remote, anonymous transaction channel.
Chris and Kimberly White, Director of Market Planning / Fraud at LexisNexis® Risk Solutions, delivered a detailed overview to help attendees:
- Understand the degree to which fraud costs are increasing in the retail sector
- Identify the channels and types of retail goods / services most at risk for fraud
- Pinpoint the factors making identity fraud increasingly difficult to detect
- Discover the benefits of leveraging specific solutions tailored to different channels and transaction risks
- Learn how to combat fraud more effectively with multi-layered mitigation tactics
| ||Chris has over 20 years of marketing research experience, with a broad consulting background guiding clients with fraud and financial crime assessment, customer needs exploration, market opportunity analysis, and new product/service development.He is skilled in applying proven creative approaches designed to answer client's key business questions, and helping our clients use these insights across multiple channels. |
1 2018 LexisNexis® Risk Solutions True Cost of Fraud℠ – Retail Report